- There are no restrictions on nationalities for this event. Participants must be above 13 years of age. Schools or Organisations can send in as many teams as desired. However, members in each team must be unique. Participants are not allowed to be in multiple crews in the league.
- Team size should be limited between 3 to 9 members. Teams can be an all-boy, all-girl or mixed group. A team is allowed to change a member if needed (must provide valid reason), but the new member must not be in any existing crews in the competition.
- Duration of each dance must be between 2 to 3 minutes for Video Auditions. Participants will be disqualified should they exceed the time limit.
- The decision of the Organiser shall be final.
- Registration and audition would be done via online. Participants must complete the online registration form at facebook.com/TARCTraining
- To register and submit an audition video entry for the competition, you must satisfy the following requirements during the Promotional Period:
(a) Visit and Like the CPE Centre’s Facebook Fanpage, www.facebook.com/TARCTraining;
(b) Click the promotional tab to be directed to the promotion entry page;
(c) Input the requested details including your Team Name, Leader’s Name, Leader’s handphone number, Participating members’ name, and the URL link of the audition video.
- Upload the audition video file running from 2 to maximum of 3 minutes in YouTube or Vimeo. The URL of the video file shall be included in the online submission form. Video that is more than 3 minutes will be disqualified automatically.
- Audition videos must not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and the use authorized herein will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals. The Organiser reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any video that they believe contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content or that otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the competition.
(f) Entries will not always be displayed on the competition website immediately. The Organiser can choose to keep or remove Entries from the competition website on completion of the competition at their absolute discretion.
- Only 10 teams shall be shortlisted to compete in the Finals.
- The audition video submission period commences at 12:01 am (Malaysian Time) on 19th September 2016 and closes at 11.59 pm (Malaysian Time) on 25th September 2016.
- The voting period for shall commences at 12.01am (Malaysian Time) on 26th September 2016 and closes at 12.00 noon (Malaysian Time) 7 October 2016 (Voting Period).
Prizes and Judging
- The selection of finalist for Hallyu K-pop Dance Competition 2016 is based on votes (40%) and judges’ selection (60%).
- Invite as many friends as possible to “Like” TARCTraining Fanpage facebook.com/TARCTraining and then vote your video. Each of your friends will be able to vote your video once a day within the promotional period.
- Only votes that are recorded on the TARCTraining Fanpage shall be taken into consideration in deciding the scores for the selection of finalist for Hallyu K-Pop Dance Competition 2016. The top 10 videos with the highest number ofvotes, will be given scores as follows:
|Top 10 with the highest votes
|1 – Highest
|10 – Lowest
- Audition video with the highest number of votes shall be selected as the WINNER for the MOST POPULAR VIDEO. Only ONE winner will be selected for this category.
- Only the Final 10 teams and the winner for “Most Popular Video” would be announced in TARCTraining facebook and notified by text message on 10th October 2016.
- Should there be any tie of votes between 2 entries, the TAR UC judges shall determine the entry to be selected as the “Most Popular Video”. The decision by the judges shall be final.
- Entries shall be disqualified if it is discovered that the votes are generated through bot or auto programmes.
- TAR UC Judges have the full rights to disqualify an entry that is found to manipulate the Facebook vote system and or the entries being deemed to have breached any of the Terms and Conditions herein.
- TAR UC Judges decision is final and TAR UC judges have the full rights on whether to disclose details of any manipulation.
- In the case of any dispute, TAR UC Judges’ decision is final and binding on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judging Criteria for Hallyu K-Pop Dance Competition 2016
- Choreography (30%)
- Musicality & Rhythm (25%)
- Technical Skill (25%)
- Costume (10%)
- Creativity (10%)
Prizes for Hallyu K-Pop Dance Competition 2016
1st Runner-up: RM 500
2nd Runner-up: RM 300
Most Popular Video: RM 200